ReactJS has piqued my interest pretty hard lately, so I took Wes Bos’ Course on ReactJS and then made this simple Pomodoro Technique app for better focus as I work on projects. There’s plenty written about the Pomodoro Technique’s effectiveness, but here’s the gist:
- Choose a task to be accomplished.
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
Using this as a reference, I built my tiny React app, which you can check out .here.